It has been a while since we’ve shared a penny pinching tip around here (sorry about that). But today I have a pretty good tip for you: Buying groceries online.
Now, the first time I saw amazon’s online grocery store, I was pretty skeptical. For me, there is just something strange about order my cereal on a website and having it delivered to my house. However, my wife (the bargain hunter) noticed that there were often some really good deals (50% off section) at the amazon grocery store. Not only were there good deals, but I didn’t even have to drive to the store!
The great news is that the savings can get even better! You can get 15% off your order PLUS free shipping using the subscribe and save feature. Here are the details:
- Set a delivery schedule that fits your needs–every one, two, three, or six months
- Extra 15% discounts on our everyday price
- Free shipping on every order
- E-mail reminders of upcoming shipments
- The flexibility to change your schedule or cancel at any time–no risks, no fees
We’ve used subscribe and save in the past for children’s vitamins and other regular items we go though. I’m telling you, online grocery shopping is a sweet tip.
Top off the good deals with good selection (they have a great selection indeed) and the amazon grocery store is a great thrifty idea.